Building alignment is the act of gaining buy-in for your vision and it’s absolutely critical in moving from imagination to reality. It is people-centric and can be complex and unpredictable like human relationships.
Effective leaders approach building alignment assuming that employees are self-motivated, can solve problems creatively, and will exercise self-direction if they are committed to objectives. These leaders build alignment with deliberation, even passion. They know that it is going to take everyone’s energy to make a vision happen.
Alignment is a dynamic, ongoing process that requires continual monitoring and realigning as conditions and needs change.
The Importance of Building Alignment:
- Alignment conserves time and energy.
- Alignment provides a forum for questions and concerns.
- Alignment unites and excites people around a vision.
Each Driver of Alignment — Clarity, Dialogue, and Inspiration – is critical to building both emotional and relational buy-in for a vision.
Some Key Questions to consider while Building Alignment:
- For Clarity: What do they know, need to know or want to know?
- For Dialogue: What questions or concerns might they have about the vision?
- For Inspiration: What motivates them?
Building alignment is the key to creating and sustaining a successful business!
To read more about Building Alignment contact us at: http://www.accelerateresultsnow.com/contact/
To order a copy of the new book, The Work of Leaders, How Vision, Alignment, Execution Will Change the Way You Lead, by Julie Straw, Mark Scullard, Susie, Kukkonen, & Barry Davis.